When it comes to maintenance of any car, one of the most significant moments is regular cleaning of its body as well as treatment with specific protective substances. Even if you own a Ford Fusion, it isn’t an exception, and keeping it clean is crucial. Here you have two options to choose from – either you wash your automobile in a specific car wash (only manual cleansing is appropriate here, without any mechanical brushes) or you make it bright clean on your own in a specially designated place.
To do the job alone, you need to have a bucket, a few dusters and two brushes – a big one with long and soft bristles (it’s better to choose quite a long handle too) for cleaning the body and a small one with hard bristles for dealing with the hood, trunk and hubcaps. Be careful: it’s recommended not to wash a car in the sun, when the dust level of the air is high and when a strong wind is blowing.
Steps of washing the car
1. Find a shady place to wash your car, because if the paint and lacquer coating dries rapidly in direct sunlight, water might leave white stains on the body. If it’s possible, clean your auto with a hose and a soft sponge.
2. Carefully wipe places of connections between parts of the body as well as welded seams and curling of doors and hood.
3. When you go under the hood, make sure no water gets on the elements of the electrical equipment. To avoid problems, it’s advisable to use special detergents for engines and blow off or wipe dry the parts of the electric equipment.
4. As for windows, the glass is better to wash with a soft mop, water, and some cleaning agent.
5. Now that you’re going to clean the passenger compartment (including upholstery and seats), you should use a vacuum cleaner. If there is a grease stain, eliminate it with suds or special detergents for the interior.
6. In order to add glitter to plastic parts of the internal and external decoration, you can make use of silicon grease. Put a tiny layer of it onto plastic parts and polish them with a clean duster.
7. There are two ways to clean wheel arcs – with a water jet or with a hair brush. It ought to be done not less than once a year, especially before winter driving.
Now pay attention to a few useful tips on how to detail your car.
• Don’t use silicon washing agents for treating the steering wheel.
• Brake fluid, alkalis, electrolyte and soda solutions can damage the paint and lacquer coating, so immediately remove any of them with a clean cloth.
• For washing your car, choose only designated areas facilitated with waste water drainage or other sewage systems to prevent environmental pollution.
• Don’t wash the body with the help of gasoline, soda or salt not to damage the coating, rubber and plastic details of your car.