Have you ever had a fluffy, high-pile carpet that has absorbed everything that was spilled or dropped on it? Have you felt despaired noticing the unsightly warping, stain on your hardwood, or laminate flooring? What is the best solution for finished basements, bathrooms, kitchens, your pets and kids?The hottest product on the flooring market is waterproof flooring!
Rubber as a flooring option has become recently a quickly growing trend. It is available in endless options to choose from differentstyles, colours, shapes and sizes.What properties make it so popular? Being naturally resistant to water, it provides excellent traction in wet conditions. As it does not absorb water or other liquids, it is a great waterproof flooring option. Rubber tiles are incredibly convenient waterproof basement flooring solution in areas where a lot of flooding happens. Theycan be moved, pulled up and reinstalled when the basement is dry again.
Check out our brief post there to find main advantages and disadvantages of rubber flooring.
These are a few things that make it extra special.
- Mold and mildew resistance. It is a great choice for water-prone areas like your finished basement. It will not retain moisture and grow unpleasant fungi.
- Slip resistance. Even when it is wet it preservers its slip resistant qualities, making it a nice safety precaution for the areas with a lot of water like bathrooms.
- Resilience.Since itis traditionally used as a surface flooring for gyms due to its give and bounce back. Rubber is one of the most comfortable options for your feet and joints.
- Easy maintenance. Itis rather easy cleaned and maintained with vacuum and damp mop.
These are a few reasons why installing rubber flooring throughout the entire home is a bad idea.
- The rubber smell. However, if you give it good cleaning and let it air out for a few weeks, this smell disappears.
- Non-traditional look. Rubber is super popular in home gyms and even as an industrial-looking basement flooring option. It is not the look most people would go for.
- Heavy for installation. The installation can be a bit tricky. Large rolls can be difficult to maneuver without assistance.
Hope, you will find the right flooring for your home among a great variety of waterproof options on the flooring market.